Thank you to all who participated and to all who helped make the event and the subsequent BBQ a success. We were happy to host folks from neighboring affiliates Urban CrossFit, Outer Edge CrossFit, and Sno Valley CrossFit.
We look forward to seeing everyone next year.
It’s time for the annual Fight Gone Bad event and fundraiser this weekend. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, the workout is always great, and of course the participants are awesome. We hope you’ll come out and join the fun.
Here’s the info you need about the day.
If you haven’t already registered online, NOW is the time to do so—by Wednesday 9/23/09. Go to http://fgb4.org/. Everyone can participate, no matter your level of fitness or how long you’ve been CrossFitting.
• 10:00am Saturday, Sept. 26, 2009 at CrossFit Eastside.
• BBQ and social time afterward; bring your own meat to grill and, if you like, a side dish to share. If you have easily portable camp chairs lying around, you might like to bring those too.
• Spectators and friends and family are most welcome at the event and the BBQ to follow.
In addition to being a good hard time, the event is a fundraiser for a couple good causes—The Wounded Warrior Project and Athletes for a Cure (supporting the Prostate Cancer Foundation). If you raise at least $150 by 6am on Sunday the 27th, you’ll get an FGB IV t-shirt.
Fundraising info and tips are at http://www.fgb4.org/wp-content/files/FGB_FundraisingTips.doc. If you don’t raise that much, you can still participate. (We will also have a donation box at the event.)
Your employer may match donations by you and your coworkers. (For the relevant 501c3 organization ID number and address, see http://www.fgb4.org/wp-content/files/DONATION_FORM_FGB4_1.pdf.)
To donate, go to https://www.rapidreghost.com/fgb/donate.html and search for the team name “crossfit eastside.”
There are four divisions, determined by the load in each exercise, so everyone can participate, whatever your level of fitness or experience:
1. Class A: Standard Men = 75lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 20lb wall- ball and 20 inch box jump
2. Class B: Modified Men/Standard Women = 55lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 14lb wall-ball and 20 inch box Jump
3. Class C: Intermediate = 35lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 8lb wall-ball and 20 inch box Jump (step ups are okay)
4. Class D: Beginners/Kids = 15lb push-press and sumo deadlift high pull, 4lb wall-ball (can be lowered to 8 foot target) and 10-inch box jumps
Other questions?? Post here or email us.