Our Fulcrum Barbell Club had a successful first-time team meet at Thrush Sports this last weekend. A big thank you to the Calpian Weightlifting Club, which always puts on a well-run meet. We had a great support from our community. (Thank you, everyone!) Congratulations to the lifters for training hard and achieving personal bests in competition.
- Yesh snatched 47 and clean and jerked 61 for a 108-kg total, and 1st place in the 62 kilo open weight class.
- Stef snatched 44 and clean and jerked 60 for a 104-kg total, and 2nd place in the 63 kilo open weight class
- Rosanna snatched 44 and clean and jerked 57 for a 101-kg total, and 3rd place in the 63 kilo open weight class.
- Chanel snatched 46 and clean and jerked 54 for a 100-kg total, and 3rd place in the 69 kilo open weight class.
- Melissa snatched 51 and clean and jerked 60 for a 111-kg total, and 1st place in the 75+ kilo open weight class.
- Aaron snatched (split style) 77 and clean and jerked 96 for a 173-kg total. This was Aaron’s first meet, in which he PR’d big! Aaron competed in the 85 kilo open weight class.
- Matt snatched 67 and clean and jerked 90 for a 157-kg total. This was Matt’s first meet, he competed in the 105 kilo open weight class.
- Billy snatched 96 and clean and jerked 128 for a 224-kg total, and 3rd place in the 105+ kilo open weight class.
The 2010 Pacific NW Weightlifting Championships will take place this Saturday, April 17, 2010, at Thrush Sports Performance Center in Sumner. Our gym will be CLOSED (no 10:00am class) on Saturday so we can attend the meet with our weightlifters.
We have about eight men and women from Eastside competing in this event as part of our new USAW team, Fulcrum Barbell Club. Come on down and see your fellow Eastsiders join all kinds of other lifters (teens to seniors, newbies to old hands) from the Northwest in putting forth their best efforts at the snatch and the clean and jerk.
Session #1 56 – 77kg Men Weigh-In @ 9:00 am Competition @ 11:00 am
Session #2 All Women Weigh-In @ 11:30 am Competition @ 1:30 pm
Session #3 85 – +105kg Men Weigh-In @ 2:00 pm Competition @ 4:00 pm
Training goes with our Valve Software folks in Maui. Lucky for them, the short but steep hill has a rewarding view at the top.